Sunday, December 9, 2012

i tried to go on like i never knew you

[black bow dress: H&M | floral lace tights: Zara | black bow heels: Ann | black belt with gold lock-and-key closure: Forever 21 | arm party: Joe Fresh, Forever 21, H&M]





There is a reason that a classic is a classic. LBDs or little black dresses are definitely staples any girl's closet as holiday party season starts. This is what I wore to my work holiday party last weekend.

Since I've been on a closet diet from moving around over the last 2 months my clothing purchases have significantly decreased. Luckily I didn't have to go shopping for this year's party, since this dress was already in the back of my closet. I've already post it here earlier in the year. Shift dresses are great because you can completely change the silhouette and shape by throwing on a belt. I also stacked on a bunch of gold-toned bracelets for a bit of holiday sparkle.

Honestly, the majority of the time accessories make the outfit more than the clothing. A few bracelets and a different pair of shoes and you can take a casual black dress to a holiday party. If you are a girl and you don't have a simple little black dress, get on it! It has to be one of the most versatile articles of clothing out there.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment