Monday, November 19, 2012

october/november snapshots

It's been awhile since I've last done a snapshots post, so I figured, why not? If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you've probably seen me tweet/post about these things as they have happened. It's been a busy fall for me...I totally missed fashion week in Toronto as I was too sick to care, but I did manage to check out a whole bunch of other fashion-related events instead.

snapshot1

I won tickets via Flare Magazine for the Anna Dello Russo for H&M pre-shop party back at the beginning of October. It was a lot of fun getting to see and shop the collection the day before it launches. In the end, I only kept one of the bracelets I bought because everything was too big for my tiny wrists! I did get a cute keychain in the swagbag that night though.

In the same week as Anna Dello Russo I tagged along as my friend Bonnie's plus one for the Ann Taylor prelaunch party at the Eaton Centre (thanks woman!). It was awesome being able to preview the store before it opened to the public and getting to see and meet the faces behind the Ann Taylor brand.

snapshot2

As a belated birthday gift I received the elephant plushie (I still am and always will be, a sucker for stuffed toys) from the Missoni for Holt Renfrew collaboration. It just so happened the day I picked up my plushie from Holts was the day Margherita Missoni was making an appearance for the launch of the collaboration. So I decided that I might as well get the elephant signed by her. Pretty awesome.

Like Anna Dello Russo, I was again lucky enough to get the chance to pre-shop the Margiela for H&M collection the night before. However, unlike AdR, it was absolute chaos at the pre-shop. People were already lined up well over an hour before the doors opened and they nearly took down the displays when we all got let in! I really wanted the narrow-shouldered jacket but didn't manage to snag one in the craziness. Instead I got the trompe l'oeil high-top sneakers (which I decided weren't "me" enough and passed them on to my coworker instead) and the men's overcoat with inverted lapels for Bee (which didn't end up fitting him and will be returned). So in the end, all I ended up with from this collaboration is some fun fridge magnets (shaped like some of the clothes!).

Those who know me well, know that I have a thing for collecting Starbucks mugs. So after a week of hunting I finally found the Rodarte for Starbucks ceramic mug! Going to keep this one at work for water.

Happy Monday!

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment