Thursday, October 25, 2012

pumped up kicks

PA210806
[grey studded sweater: Joe Fresh | basic cotton mini skirt: H&M | clutch: Rebecca Minkoff MAC Mini | black suede wedge sneakers: Ash]

PA210804

Yeah! Cheesy pose, haha.

Thank you Isabel Marant for bringing this whole wedge sneaker trend to life! They're probably not everyone's cup of tea, but the idea of them has definitely grown on me over the past while. I found my perfect pair in all black suede by Ash. The 2 inch hidden heel makes it pretty comfy for going out and about. It fills that void in my shoe wardrobe for something a little more casual (a closer look at them here). With that being said, this is probably the closest thing to actual sneakers you will ever see me in. It's a bit sad, but true. Unlike M, I'm quite un-athletic and terrible at almost all sports.

On a side note, I'm sick right now and haven't been able to keep up with any of the Toronto Fashion Week shows. I was even offered free tickets for the Pavoni show last Monday and had to decline because I just wasn't feeling like myself. Sometimes a good rest is > fashion!

- J

4 comments:

  1. Love the "cheesy" pose, you're rocking it! ;) And hello new shoes! They look great on you :) :) :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe that's Joe Fresh- I love how it's cable knit and studded! My mom loves shopping there- I've visited the store in NY and it's huge!

    Sam
    http://www.samishome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get a chance to visit it when I went to NY (although I wanted to!). Whenever you visit Toronto next, you will have to check out their Queen/Portland location, they stock more of the "trendier/off the runway" stuff there than at the local grocery store!

      Delete