Friday, August 3, 2012

nyc: part 1

P7270176
[hat: Talula (Aritzia) | grey cotton maxi dress: ASOS | white belt, leopard print scarf & black gladiator sandals: H&M | purse: Michael Kors]

We arrived in New York just after the lunch hour and pretty much took to the streets after checking in at our hotel. Even though the plane ride was short I still opted for a comfy outfit. To keep warm on the flight I actually had my chambray button down on over my dress and a lightweight scarf around my neck. Similar to Toronto, New York is also very humid so I quickly ditched the shirt and scarf when I got into the city. On a side note, I'm holding a strawberry frozen lemonade from McDonald's in this picture, we need that up here!

nyc1

The first day at a glance (L-R): 

70 Park Avenue Hotel, our home for the next few days. It was so convenient staying in midtown Manhattan, despite the ongoing noise at night haha.

Chicken on rice from a food cart at 53rd and 6th. So tasty. I could definitely go for some of that right now.

Bought something from Uniqlo. How cute is this 10th anniversary Hello Kitty Uniqlo shopping bag?!

Spotted something very Canadian ;)

Sul lang tang from Gahm Mi Oak, recommended by a friend. Really good! But damn, Korean food is so expensive in NYC. This place had $18.95 bimbimbap!

Takashi Murakami at the MoMA.

- J

[read more about my NYC trip: part 2 and part 3]

2 comments:

  1. You should go to Pocha 32 in K-town and definitely hit up Clinton St Baking Company for their blueberry pancakes which are to die for. I used to live in NYC and stuffed myself with food before I came to HK... which doesn't compare when it comes to anything non-Chinese!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will definitely add those places to my list for my next visit there!

      Delete