Saturday, August 18, 2012

i'll shut up and carry on, the scream becomes a yawn



 [white bow blouse and silver skinny belt: H&M | mint cardigan: Forever 21 | periwinkle skirt: Club Monaco | black flats: Pure]

I really haven't been feeling like myself lately, between being sick on and off for 2 weeks and overstressed from work and selling/buying a home, I've been really withdrawn. The I-have-to-does have suffocated the I-want-to-does, to the point that I haven't even been enjoying things I normally love. Yes life, I have been failing at you.

There are actually lots of individuals I owe apologies to, I've been neglecting my relationships and coming off unresponsive over the last few weeks. Overwhelmed barely begins to my current state. I write this not to complain, but because today I decided it was time to start snapping out of it. I started by treating myself to a 30ml bottle of Jo Malone's Orange Blossom at Holt Renfrew. How fresh and uplifting it smelled, justified the $80 price tag. Will get some semblance of my life back together soon!

Also been trying to get back into getting shots of my outfits and attempting to look more put together. I looked pretty worn out over the past 2 days since I was in the office for up to 12 hours at a time and taking my laptop home. Luckily I got a change to get this shot in earlier in the week. If you follow the blog, it should be self-explanatory. Mint is love! Also still sticking to loose silhouettes as flowy fabrics are a girl's best friend when dressing to conceal the extra lbs from stress-eating and lack of physical activity. My next order of business in treating myself better is to start giving my health a bit more priority!

Have you spoiled yourself to anything lately?

- M

P.S. Sorry for not up-keeping my blog posts or our meetings J! As soon as I get my project pushed out we need to meet and catch up. IMU! <3

1 comment: