Wednesday, July 4, 2012

would you lie with me and just forget the world?



[navy striped tee: Forever 21 | mint shorts: H&M | white leather flats: Joe Fresh ]

Notice anything different? So last week, on one of my walks from work to the subway, I decided I needed a new hair colour (but really who doesn't walk by drugstore and suddenly feel the urge to go "deep purple"? no? just me?). Indoors and in regular lighting it looks darker in tone but in direct sunlight it's a mishmash of orange, red, and plum with hints of violet. Suits me pretty well! From far away its seemingly "normal" but on a closer look its a bit more eccentric. I've come to terms with my randomness and would like to think, despite evidence of the contrary, that its a part of my charm haha.

This is what I wore to go see Seeking a Friend for the End of the World over the weekend. So I've banned myself from any more mint clothing purchases because I went from 0 to 6 over the last couple months. Really I've just convinced myself that mint goes with almost everything. The nautical striped top you have already seen here. I try to always pair tighter and shorter bottoms with baggier tops so that it looks more visually balanced.

As for the movie, it didn't get very good reviews but I still found it enjoyable. The tone of the movie actually starts darker and has a heavier mood before getting lighter near the end, which is interesting because from the title you know how it ends. I like character driven movies set in a pseudo-reality, like our world but not (better examples are indie films, Another Earth and Never Let Me Go.) Despite my preference for unhappy endings, I suspect I'm still secretly a romantic haha. Overall I actually have a pretty wide taste in movies, I want to kidnap...um I mean babysit someone's children so I have a legitimate excuse to watch Madagascar 3 LOL.



Have you seen any good movies lately? Recommend some in the comments if there are any I should watch!

- M

2 comments:

  1. I will remember the need for babysitting ;) I saw The Savages over the weekend but I cannot say I was very impressed, I was rather confused...Tree of Life is amazing, if you have not seen it you should and I just love the tv show Walking Dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning on seeing that too but I might wait for it's dvd release.
      I saw tree of life last year at TIFF Bell Lightbox. It was interesting...and I mistook the dinosaur for the lochness monster and was confused LOL.

      Delete