Sunday, May 13, 2012

there can be no other reason why



EDIT* Normally J and I alternate posts for the blog, but you will just have me for the next few posts before I leave and then J is going to take over. 
---
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!
Today is also my mom's birthday so extra love goes out to her. After volleyball, I'm spending the rest of the day with her. I can't imagine how difficult things are for her right now, so I hope I can offer what little comfort I can over dinner. Hope everyone takes the time to tell their moms how much they care about them! Most of us take for granted that our loved ones will always be there...

Anyways on the the outfit, something simple for a Sunday outing. My number one concern in the morning is; will this be comfortable to walk around in? I realized while writing this that the only thing I'm wearing that isn't H&M are my flats. Yes, I'm practically a walking mannequin for that store.

I love crisp white and black for the springtime because they make an easy neutral base to add bright accessories to. A bright bag or bracelet is an easy way for anyone to add a pop a colour to an outfit. The yellow satchel has been getting lots of compliments.

[white shirt dress, leggings, belt, bag, and bracelets: H&M | bow flats: Liz Clairborne]

- M

ps. Sorry about the wrinkly shirt dress! I've just never been the type to iron my clothing unless I absolutely need to...I think I can count the the number of times that I have in my entire life on one hand. (haha)

6 comments:

  1. so lovely outfit!
    follow you!if you want check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simplicity is the best and I love how you added pops of colors with the accessories :) Happy birthday to your Mom as well! Hope you guys will have a fab time together :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your mommy :)

    ReplyDelete