Sunday, May 27, 2012

the place that i once knew



[button down shirt and flats: Gap | shorts: Old Navy | accessories: H&M, Forever21, and DIY]



I'm back again in Toronto after a physically and emotionally draining trip. After 30 hours+ of travelling on 5 different types of transportation, including a sketchy 4 hour bus ride, I was able to just make it a day before my grandfather passed. I know as much about Chinese customs and funerals as I do about rocket science. A lot of the following days, just involved me following instructions on what to do while comforting my grandmother and mom. Most of it went by in a complete blur. Still it was nice seeing and reconnecting with my family. I had missed them more than I realized.

It was surprising coming back to such warm weather in Toronto. I can't remember the last time it was 30-something degrees in May. This summer is likely going to be really hot, which will mean I'm going to get very lazy about getting dressed in the morning. Hello t-shirts and shorts dominated posts. I wore this yesterday when I went out with J. Still can't get enough of blue and yellow together. This shirt is at least from 4 years ago, Gap button down shirts are nearly indestructible.



- M

ps. Random life lesson. After losing people close to me in one way or another recently, I want to encourage everyone to make the most of the time you have with the people in your life. Enjoy the moments you have with them because you never know when your paths will separate.

2 comments:

  1. A bout of indigestion has kept me awake and I decided to catch up on my (blog) reading. And now I want those yellow shorts. Gah. Indigestion makes me want to spend my money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA Insomnia does that to me! and oddly sometimes hunger LOL

      Delete