Monday, May 7, 2012

how long can we keep this up

 

 
[striped dress worn as top and girls silver skinny belt: H&M | maroon skirt: Forever 21 | dot tights: Joe Fresh | flats: Pure]

 This corduroy skirt (already seen here and here) is quickly becoming a staple in my closet because it's so easy to throw on. The weather has been amazing lately and I feel like I could be outside all day and night.

Last Friday I wore this to watch The Avengers, which was pretty good. It had really had the audience laughing. It is a well done comic-to-movie franchise but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight Rises, a lot more. I think Christopher Nolan is an absolute genius! Every time I see a preview it give me the chills and makes the hair on my arm stand on end!

Darker movies and emotionally disturbed characters appeal really appeal to me. Most people that know me wouldn't guess it, but Inception, Black Swan, Memento and similar movies that leave you feeling unsettled are my favourites. (Wonder if that means something...LOL) Most of the time I'm all about sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows, but everyone has a darker side. Mine tends to come out in my taste in movies and occasionally in my art. Check out one of my better drawings here, if you are curious.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment