Thursday, April 19, 2012

you've been the only thing that's right in all i've done



[dress, belt, and bracelet: H&M | scarf: Forever21 | flats: GAP | black tights: Unknown]

Picked up this dress for $15 at H&M recently! I like belting shift dresses so I absent mindedly grabbed this bow belt from the rack and fell in love with the two paired together. Patterns have slowly been working their way into my closet of almost all solids. I'm still leery about bold patterns, but houndstooth is such a classic, so it was less intimidating.

I'm currently in Montreal for work. Travelling is not a normal part of my job, so it should be nice perk, but when you are nearing the point of burning out, it is harder to appreciate. (The state of my skin and eyebags tell all)

I'm definitely in need of a vacation. Travelling is one of my biggest passions. A few years ago I realized that I spent so much of my late teens and early 20s putting work first. There are so many years of work ahead, I didn't have to kill myself trying to do as much as I did. Since my epiphany, I've been to Nanjing, Shanghai, Cuba, Tokyo, Kyoto, New York, Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Phuket. Most people miss home when they are away for long durations but I've yet to experience feeling homesick. I actually miss being away and am always sad to return home. Don't get me wrong, I love Toronto! I just want to see, experience, and taste the endless new things the world has to offer.

- M

4 comments:

  1. i like the houndstooth patterning and how you toned it down with a wine red and nude bow belt. how cute! i discovered you on chictopia today and just wanted to say hi! :)

    it would make me happy if you visited too!
    pandaphilia style

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bought that dress too, but in the pink/black version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we could have almost been twinses!

      Delete