Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DIY: neon & pastel jewellery

IMG_7466

IMG_7476

IMG_9281

Had a little fun and decided to paint more cheap jewellery (thanks Forever 21!), inspired a la Tom Binns! The earrings especially were inspired by this Tom Binns necklace. I've always have had a habit of using my nail polish to paint other things. I even have the light switch I painted with baby blue nail polish when I was 12 still up! I decided to mix things up by painting some of the stones of this necklace with pastel colours. I figured since I did a neon yellow and hot pink necklace (not shown) a few months ago, soft pastels would be fun. Not sure how I feel about the end result, but a Qtip and some nail polish remover will easily let me switch things up!

I think I'm going to attempt to paint a chain necklace next time in neon brights. Should be fun (but messy)!

- J

4 comments:

  1. oh wow awesome idea and I really like the final product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhh!!! SOOOO NICE!! I really love how the necklace turned out! :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete