Wednesday, March 14, 2012

i don't know what i've done or if i like what i've begun



[ring: Smart Set | polish: Revlon - Make Mine Mango]

I've been wearing this Joe Fresh blouse to death, last seen a couple weeks ago here. Not going to lie, I secretly love polyester shirts. I know they are far from luxurious and have zero breath-ability but I can put them through anything and toss them in any type of wash and they come out looking brand new. There should be nothing wrong with wanting your clothing to be indestructible!

Weekends are for edgier outfits and since there is an expiry date on my wearing short shorts, I plan on making the most of what I can with my remaining time. Still, when I do go for shorter hemlines I typically try to balance the look with tights or long sleeves.

On a random note look for an update to the blog before the end of the month. I've been saying forever that I wanted to add a blogroll and about me pages for J and I but just haven't gotten around to it. I figure if I write it a post, I will feel more obligated to actually do it.


[blouse: Joe Fresh | faux leather shorts, belt, and thigh-high socks: H&M | necklace: Forever 21 | tights: GAP | flats: Liz Claiborne]
- M

4 comments:

  1. thumbs up for shameless polyester love! silk is fine and nice, but it's a pain to ensure it doesn't get ruined. whereas polyester...it is your friend through thick and thin. stain it, and it comes right out. wrinkle it a bit and it forgives you. i love the ring+nailpolish match. what shade of polish is that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's revlon's make mine mango! :) Forgot to put it in the post, will update now.

      Delete
  2. I really like the dark blue blouse and necklace you're wearing. You're right with polyester! Although it indeed isn't breathable at all.

    With love,
    The Style Visitor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne!
      Polyester is definitely the lazy-woman's silk haha :)

      Delete