Thursday, March 1, 2012

all i gave you was goodbye

[blouse: Joe Fresh | skirt: Forever 21 | necklace: H&M | tights and flats: Gap]

My brain can not comprehend the face that it is March already!
This was a casual outfit I wore this past weekend when I went out for Japanese food. I don't believe that having a laid back sense of style means that your clothing has to be boring. It doesn't always have to be about layering. Embracing colour and pairing them together can make the simplest of outfits look visually more interesting.
 If you are hesitant about colours, just introduce them a little at a time. Literally every store is carrying colours for Spring/Summer and there are tons of bargains to be found. I wore this skirt in this post as well, and it is definitely worth the less-than-$15-price-tag! Come to think of it, my blouse was only around $15 as well. For a mere $30 you can foray into the "colour-blocking" world.

On a side note: only one photo since I attempted shooting outside sans jacket. I don't know how other bloggers do it! It was far too windy and I could only bare a few minutes.


[polish: China Glaze - Recycle with American Apparel - Rose Bowl]

Modern twists on the French tip mani, yay or nay? I've been enjoying experimenting with colours.

- M

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the mani! It sorta looks like the colors in your outfit, no? :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete