Tuesday, February 7, 2012

J loves: spring trends

Despite the very mild winter that Toronto has been experiencing this year, I am still longing for more sunshine, longer days and even warmer temperatures. Seasonal changes mean new wardrobe changes too! Here's what on my mind for spring this year...

Neon Accents
neon
(left to right)
1. H&M neon yellow top
2. Shashi neon nugget bracelet
3. Cambridge Satchel Company The Fluoro satchel

I'm really digging neon accents for spring, especially in neon yellow. In my last outfit post I was already wearing a neon yellow statement necklace and my collection is slowly growing (which will be evident in future posts, hehe). I think it's a fun way to inject a really bright pop of colour into an otherwise neutral outfit.

Asymmetrical Hems
asymmetrical
1. Zara asymmetric skirt
2. Forever 21 cascading tail skirt
3. Zero + Maria Cornejo dress

My love for all things asymmetrical continues on for the upcoming season! I already picked up a skirt like the Zara one above and my Helmut Lang shirt dress from boxing day has not been worn yet either. The weather isn't quite warm enough for me to wear either, but I know that will come in due time.

Sorbet/Pastel Hues
sorbet
1. Forever 21 Love 21 zip pocket skinny jeans
2. ACNE shining crepe shirt
3. J.Crew sinclair dress

Lastly, my favourite part about spring...the return of colour! Mint green and peachy coral items will be at the top of my list!

- J

runway images from style.com

2 comments: