Thursday, January 12, 2012

M loves: Spring/Summer 2012 trends

J is experiencing internet issues today so to tide you over until she can post, here are some examples of my favourite trends from Spring/Summer 2012 runways.


source images from style.com

Nothing screams warm weather like crisp whites. I love how they look with an accent colour, particularly pale pastels and black. The upcoming season is full of bright oranges and greens, but I'm finding that the sorbet inspired pastels that have been drawing my attention. Spring collections should be landing in most retail stores soon, so I will be on the hunt for pieces in creamsicle orange and barely there yellow.



 source images from style.com

I also love the monochromatic look that hit the runways this season. I used to think that wearing the same colour head-to-toe could only look outdated and boring. After browsing through some collections, the idea is starting to grow on me. For suits, I like more unusual colours like pale pink or electric blue from top to bottom and for dresses, I like the look on maxi dresses with sheer fabrics. I'll post an inspired OOTD if I can find something that works for me.

Winter has barely started and I'm already dreaming of spring. Is anyone else looking forward to a particular trend?

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment