Saturday, November 26, 2011

J Buys: Versace for H&M

hm versace1

So I did it.

Last Saturday, I woke up at some ungodly hour (3:50 am) and hauled myself to Yorkdale with my equally as crazy pal (hi Bonnie!) to line up for Versace for H&M. We arrived at Yorkdale at 4:45 am. There was already a long line ahead of us. We stupidly thought everyone would be lining up inside already. We definitely were not dressed properly for this (wool coats were not the best choice of outerwear for standing out in the cold for long periods of time). Here's how it all went down:

1. Around 5:00 am we were handed numbers. 121 people crazier ahead of us!

2. Into the mall at 5:30 am, lucky for us we were only out in the cold for 45 minutes.

3. It's now 7:00 am, we get wristbands! Notice how our numbers got bumped up one from the tickets we got handed before? The guy who was trying to sell his place in line ahead of us probably didn't make the sale and left! Luck is on our side now, we are now slotted in two different shopping times. This means a better chance at snagging what we want in the size we want.

4. The first 20 people have gone in now. It's 7:50 am. At 8:00 am they will go into the designated shopping area. The first person in line at Yorkdale had been there since 2:00 pm the day before!

5. We can look at the fenced off shopping area. It's 8:15 am. Bonnie won't be going in until 9:40 am. I won't go in until 10:00 am. Anxious waiting resumes.

hm versace2

It's all over! That's me dressed in comfy clothes and looking super tired at 11:00 am!

I ended up getting the red dress from THIS post, both silk scarves, the red enamel flower ring (gold was sold out by the time I got to shop!) and THIS book set, which I've had my eye on forever but couldn't part with $50 for. I'm guessing the publisher did a special run of these books for H&M at a special price, I picked it up for only $17.95.

IMG_7341

Love the prints on these scarves!

IMG_7326

Close up of the ring.

IMG_7338

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment