Wednesday, October 12, 2011

mellow yellow

IMG_6192
[scarf: Michael Kors for Holt Renfrew | top: H&M | skirt: Topshop | shoes: Mel by Melissa | bag: See by Chloe]

This skirt was such an unexpected buy for me. When I first saw it, it was everything I wanted in a maxi skirt - sheer and flowy with hidden pockets; everything was great except the colour. I'm not big on wearing yellow, especially mustard. I took it in the fitting room with me anyways and figured if it fit well I could take it home and dye it black. To my surprise, I fell in love with how I looked the colour and the rest is history. Even M was surprised to see me in this colour (as she knows for my strong dislike of mustard yellow)!


IMG_6204

I love the cut-out back of this top!


IMG_6290
[nail polish: Deborah Lippmann - Today Was a Fairytale]

IMG_6155

- J

2 comments:

  1. So glad the skirt worked out for you...looks GREAT! I'll never forget the "hole" we found to this skirt! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO, I will never forget that moment. Love how the skirt comes with that story now.

    ReplyDelete